Website promotion is the continuing process used by webmasters to increase exposure of a website to bring more visitors.Website promotion is a collection of tactics, actions and techniques that serve to drive traffic (visitors) to your website.Website promotion is related to internet promotion, but instead of promoting your business, you are promoting your website (and your business through your website and the internet). Website Promotion is a sub-category of Internet Promotion.
Websites offer a multitude of benefits. For some online entrepreneurs, they are storefronts selling goods. Others earn income through advertising, sponsorships and affiliate marketing. Others are marketing tools in and of themselves, providing information about the business and how to best get in touch for services.
While all these website options work, they only fulfill their purpose if people visit them. If you think of a website like a storefront, that store doesn’t make money unless someone walks in and buys. If a website is like an online magazine (such as a blog), it only makes money if people visit and buy from advertisers. As a marketing tool, websites deliver information about your business only if they know about it and visit it.
Web promotion is how online businesses get the word out about the website. The more targeted traffic (visitors who fit your target market) a website receives, the better the chance of making sales, earning ad income and gaining clients.
The process of using the internet to promote your business, offerings or organization. It includes:
- Email Campaigns
- Sending targeted, opt-in (non spam) email is an inexpensive and effective way to promote your services through the internet. MNI knows how to do it right. We don’t spam, won’t spam, and actively fight spam. But we also know that getting a useful and interesting email offering for something you are interested in and requested to be notified about is not spam. There are many companies out there that say they use “opt-in” and non-spam techniques that are actually spammers. We know who they are and can steer you in the right direction.
- Email Newsletters
- Email newsletters are one of the best ways to get qualified and interested traffic to your site and interest in your business. We can help you with your own, or get you on an existing one in your target market.
- Banner Advertising
- Banner advertising and other ad campaigns can be great ways to bring in business, if done properly. The most common type today is the Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ad campaign. All of the current major search engines offer this service, and derive most of their income from it. PPC ads are very useful for “specials” or short term marketing campaigns (like Christmas and other holiday specific offerings). They are effective almost immediately, they allow you to control costs and ROI, and they work!
- Website Design and Hosting
- Many people still do not have a website. MNI works closely with some of the best designers in the industry (we do their SEO for them!) and can refer you to a very good one that meets your needs and price range.